Well, we are kid free for another weekend this summer--thanks Mom and Dad! They can't seem to get enough of their little assistants. They keep asking when we are having more and I keep telling them to look at their other daughter, she is their only hope. So Jen, get busy, it doesn't matter that Xander is only 5 months old.
Anyhow, we are up in Allentown right now and will be going to Dorney Park today. It will be nice not having to stop at all the kiddie rides and not taking turns going on the adult rides. I love going to amusement parks. I am also trying to take Dave's mind off of starting his new job at the Willow Grove store. I look at it as a great move (less gas, no toll, less travel time, my school is right behind his new store) I could go on and on. He is nervous, a little scared, etc, etc... He has been at Oxford Valley for 5 years and was comfortable at his old store ( although I keep reminding him how much he complained). Any change also brings some stress with it and I know he will do great. He is also only going to be there for 3 days and then we go on vacation for a week and a half, so he might come home earlier to go to work. We will play it by ear and see if that is the case or not. The plan is for me to finish nursing school and then for him to go back to school to be a history teacher. He loves teaching and you should hear all the knowledge he has( especially history). I love when the kids ask a question about anything and listen to him explain it so they can understand. We have talked about maybe for me to be a nurse anesthetist. I don't know how much school I want to do. I was looking forward to being an RN. So maybe be an RN and take a class here and there, so I could be one in the future. I think Dave is looking at the income they make. I am looking at the responsibility it comes along with. We will see, I have to get through the next 2 years first anyway. I am looking forward to starting in Sept. My senior buddy is my friend Kelly across the street. They got to pick who they wanted, so she picked me!! She has already let me borrow some of the required textbooks which is cool. Oh, I forgot to mention I applied for the clinical associate job at Abington Hospital. I thought it was just one day during the week, but it is also every other weekend as well. So, I would be at clinicals one weekend and the job the next weekend. For right now I passed on it, but would have loved to do it. It was for the emergency room as well. I would have got to see so much. I let them know I would see how the new year was and maybe do it then. I want to make sure Dave gets settled in his new job and how school goes as well. It also payed really well--oh well. It was a good interview experience.
Ashlyn and Aiden are doing well. Ashlyn's art camp is over. They had an art show the other night(31st) at the Abington Art Center. She has a quilt that she made, it will be there the month of August. They also had a kid's concert and crafts. It amazes me how many friends she has. Between school and all the different things she has done (dance, swim, soccer, t-ball, art) she has been quite the social butterfly. Dave and I were just talking about how both the kids have no problem going up to someone and asking if the want to play. We were never like that as kids, it is really cool to see how your kids are similar and different then you in a lot of ways. The similarities are when we start butting heads and cause problems. Ashlyn is my mini-me. She looks the same as I did and acts the same (most of the time). They both are still in swim lessons right now at the Y. Ashlyn is doing great, she is the only one in her class that can swim without the noodle. Aiden is getting there, he no longer has a death grip on the instructor, and he is almost jumping in the pool without sitting down first. We tried to practice at Penbryn and he sat down and scraped up the back of his leg. He is improving, which is good.
Our new little kitten, Arrow, is doing great. Depot and him are good friends. Arrow is half dog we believe because he thinks he has to give you kisses with his tongue, which is very rough. Thank goodness he wants to sleep with Ashlyn at night. He was sleeping with me while she was in Indiana.
Some other things we have done this summer was the Delaware state fair and Rehobeth beach.
I am not at home, so I will post some of those adventures later. I will go for now. Sorry this is my diary I have for the most part. Hope it wasn't boring most of the 2 readers I have!
Sunday, August 03, 2008
WOO HOOOOO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow! That was everything in a nutshell!
Sounds like everything is going well for you and Dave and the kids! I hope we can get together again soon...I miss you guys!
-Erin
Post a Comment