Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Wishing for an A


Well as most of you know, I have started back to school. Things so far are going pretty good. There are a few people in my class who have had this teacher before and they all say he doesn't like to give out perfect marks- great!We had our first test and I thought- how hard could it be, it's multiple choice. Well, let me tell you, it was a lot harder then I thought. We got it back last night and I got an 89. Only 1 point away from an A. We also had to write a paper and give an oral presentation, I got a 23 out of 25 (92).Thank you Dave for helping me with the paper- I wrote it, but he typed and tweaked it some. I think he was more worried about my grade then I was. He also gives points for class participation and class attendance. We only have 2 more tests to go, so I know I will be able to get that A. (always helps to think positive) This class is very interesting, but why in psychology are there so many terms? It is like people just sat around and said hey , let's call this that and that this. I do like learning about the different stressors and the defense mechanisms we use. Anyways not much else going on. Ashlyn has her last week of camp this week :( I guess it will mean more play dates for her and her friends. She will then get to go to weight watchers on Monday morning (they have a mommy and me class), and then I exercise the rest of the week at the Y (gotta love babysitting)! The kids love going to the Y, every time I go to get them, they don't want to leave. We also have been going to the pool. Aiden loves going in the medium pool. He can touch all by himself, he just makes sure his mouth stays closed and he lifts his head just a little. It is actually quite funny to see this little guy in the pool with just his head on top of the water. Dave is getting set for inventory, this is his big thing every year. He so far has never had a number go up, but he gets stressed about it every year. So I am hoping the same will be for this year. Sorry this is such a long post, hopefully this has not bored you all. Have a great week!

4 comments:

Erin Moore said...

Isn't it funny how much we care about getting As when we're adults and we have no one to answer to. When I was in HS and my mother had to sign my report cards I didn't care what I got as long as I passed. Now I have to get all As or I cry.

Erin Moore said...

How did you do?

I'm pleased to say that I got my final two grades in and they were (amazingly) both As. I will graduate with a 4.0 - that was my goal. I'll tell you that I couldn't have done it without a LOT of prayer. The Lord is a very good test taker!

The Gawel's said...

I got an 89 on my first test and a 92 on my paper. We just had a test on Weds. so I will get that grade on Mon. Our last test is on the 14th. That is the last day of school and I will be one class down a million to go (or as it seems since I am only taking a class or 2 at a time!)Thank God this school has a 90 as an A. I think the last time I was in school it was a 93.You did so well graduating with a 4.0! Working, moving, kids, husband, school---I guess I am going to have to kick up my prayers a lot faster! By the way, what is your new job like? Is it close by- I know you had mentioned before that it might be farther away. By the way we miss you guys, Ashlyn mentions quite often that she wants to see Amelle's bedroom. What is it with kids wanting to see other kid's bedrooms? It must be the toys!!

Erin Moore said...

I start my new gig on the 29th - they were kind enought to allow me to wait until school starts. It's nearly an hour away, but it's an incredible opportunity and I REALLY like the company and the person I would work for, plus they made me a really great offer and I just couldn't pass it up! So, yes, it'll be a further commute, but everything else about it seems great. I'll let you know how it really is once I start!
I miss you too. You'll have to bring Ashlyn up to see Amelle's room! We'd LOVE to have you guys visit!!!