Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

Hello everyone! We hope you all had a safe and Happy New Year! Our family celebrated Christmas with my side of the family over the 31st/1st. It makes it a lot less hectic then having to go to 2 places on the same day. On the eve of the 31st we opened gifts. The kids of course got a lot of things. I just put away all there stuff from Mom-mom & Pop-pop G. in there rooms now I have to find more spaces for there new things. My Mom thinks we should just add a new addition to the house for all the kids things! Aiden just wanted to open the gifts, he would go from one thing to the next. Not even knowing what he just opened. Dave's Mom has said she was only getting 3 gifts for each person next year, but she said that last year as well. It almost gets to a point where I really don't know where to put things, but all in all I do appreciate everything. My favorite gift was the photo albums that Dave's Mom and Dad put together of the past year. I love seeing how the kid's change from the beginning of the year to the end of the year. This year there were 4 albums!

Now for New Year's night we always spend it with Jen and Alex. This year we went to her new neighbors house, Steph and Chris. They also have Hannah who is 17 months old. We have already set up a pre-arranged wedding for her and Aiden. Steph is a labor and delivery nurse at Christiana, so we got to talk about nursing- some and the stories she had were unbelivable! They have a theater system complete with theater seats that recline in their basement. So it was really cool to watch the ball drop in a movie theater like setting.Anyways, it was nice to just walk home after the night was over. I still woke up at 8:30a.m. and we didn't even have the kids with us!

New Year's day we went out to lunch with J & A and then went to my parents house. We had fondue for dinner and then we had a birthday cake for Jesus. We then played Harry potter scene it. I really do not care for Harry, but my sister has read the books like 4 times each . Dave and Ashlyn are potter fans as well. Guess who won---Jen's team.

I know this is long, but we are switching to comcast for the t.v., internet and phone so, I don't know when I will have the computer back up and when I can sit here by myself and just type. I will post pictures next time and I should be able to post some of Ashlyn's pictures from her camera!

Just a side note as well- I did get an A in Biology--yea!!!
Chemistry is next semester, it starts @ Jan.18th

Well, I think I am headed off to bed!

Happy New Year!

p.s. I am really tired, so sorry for the jumping around!

3 comments:

Erin Moore said...

Awesome post Nicky!!! Congrats on the "A". I'll keep you in my prayers for Chemistry - not fun!

Sounds like you guys had great holidays!! I missed seeing you guys - when we were at Pastor Richards on Saturday Amelle asked to drive by Ashlyn's house - so we did a "drive by!". It was weird seeing our old house!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your schoolwork, I know how hard it is in those Science classes. I'm glad you guys had a good holiday!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicky - your computer fixed yet? Erin's pestering has rubbed off on me to you! :-)