Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Down by the Sea Shore!

I have posted some pictures from our recent vacation with Mom-mom And Pop-pop G! We went to Ocean City, NJ from Aug. 19-24. We all had a really great time and the weather was perfect. We celebrated my b-day which is always great because it always seems to fall on the time we are on vacation. It feels good to be 25--again. On the way down, Dave asked Ashlyn how old she thought I was going to be and she said 61-- He got a good laugh out of that one! While we were down on the beach, One of Ashlyn's best friends from pre-school was there. Mia and Ashlyn played together the whole day. Also when we were on the boardwalk she saw a friend from dance class--that was pretty neat. The day after we got home it was our 5 year Anniversary.Happy Anniversary DAVE!!!! My Mom surprised us and came up to babysit so Dave and I could go out ( Dave's parents let us go out one night at the beach because we did not know if we were going to go out on the 25th) So that was a nice surprise. We have a new pet (hamster passed away after 10 days), So we have Ballerina the hermit crab. The pink cage in the family picture is the crab. She has already gotten loose once. Ashlyn started to pay more attention to the cartoon instead of the pet. It took about 30 minutes and Daddy to come home to find it behind the t.v. There is not a whole lot more going on, the kids are going to DE this weekend and I am going to help out Stride Rite. We have decided to get Ashlyn's hair cut and give it to locks of love ( She is really excited to help out other kids--and Amelle's hair looks so cute!!!) We measured it the other day and it is still a good length. I think we will keep letting it grow out again and then do it all over. We plan on doing it before pre-school starts. The only other thing going on is Dave is now the Operations Manager for Home Depot. He actually has a schedule now! He is excited about it and hopefully in a few years he can become a Store Manager.Well, sorry this is so long and boring--I am not as witty as my friends Erin and Nancy. They should put a book together with all the neat blogs they write. Hope everybody is doing well!!!!

5 comments:

Kristy & John said...

Looks like you gave in to Picasa too, huh? I'm gonna have to try it. You guys look like you had so much fun!! i regret not getting down to the shore more this summer!

Erin Moore said...

Nicky - your blog is great! I love reading about what's going on! So glad that Ashlyn is going to do locks of love - what a gift for some child to get her beautiful hair!

Happy belated birthday!!!

How is school going?

-Erin

Erin Moore said...

...by the way, you look REALLY good for 61!!!! ;-)

Erin Moore said...

...oh...one more thing - a blogging tip - you may want to try using paragraphs in your entries - I think it makes blogs a bit easier to read.

The Gawel's said...

Hey- School starts again on Thurs. I am taking Biology. I did get an A in my psychology class- which I am very pleased. I think we are going to do Ashlyn's hair this week- we will do before and after shots. I will have to remember to do some paragraphs, especially for my longer blogs! You may want to send Pam and your bro a little reminder to update their blog or else! How is your new job? I hope you are adjusting to the new changes.